Chinese mobile company xiaomi revealed the Mi 8 and Mi 8 Explorer Edition smartphones in its home market china in the month of May in this following year. In 19th September 2018 ,the company has introduced a toned down variant of the MI 8 called Mi 8 Lite in China. The brands latest offering comes as a mid – range offering.
Talking about the design first, the Xiaomi Mi 8 sports a notch above the screen, which is home to the earpiece, front camera, and other sensors.
The handset features :
- A glass back panel and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- The phone comes with a 6.26-inch full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a 2.5D curved glass on top.
- Powering the smartphone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor.
- The phone comes in three RAM and storage variants — 4GB+64GB, 6GB+64GB, and 6GB+128GB.
The Mi 8 Lite has :
- A 12-megapixel primary shooter at the rear, aided by a 5-megapixel secondary snapper.
- For selfies and video-calling, you get a 24.8-megapixel camera on the front.
- The connectivity options include 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-SIM slots, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C, and A-GPS with GLONASS.
- Software-wise, the smartphone boots MIUI based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
- A 3,350mAh battery completes the list of the specifications.
Coming to the pricing:
- The Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite’s base 4GB/64GB variant has been priced at RMB 1,399 (~14,800).
- While the 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB models are being offered for RMB 1,699 (~Rs 18,000) and RMB 1,999 (~Rs 21,200) respectively.
- The device will be available in a few colour variants.
- Aurora Blue.
- Sunset Gold.
- Midnight Black.